7 Secrets of Success
1. You have to want it – The desire must be in your heart as well as in your head
2. You mustn’t see failure as an option – As soon as you begin to entertain the thought of failure, and wonder if you’ve got what it takes to succeed, then you weaken your resolve to go for your goal.
3. You have to do the work – Anything that’s worthwhile will require a lot of effort, and there’s bound to be some obstacles along the way. But if you keep on working, no matter how you feel, eventually you’ll get there, and you’ll reach your final goal.
4. You need take control of your thought life – When you’re tempted to think that you won’t succeed, or it’s just too hard, or you’ve “not got what it takes”, you have to focus on the positives - your gifts and strengths. Visualise yourself succeeding, and how good that’s going to feel.
5. You need to know where you’re going, and plan how you’ll get there – If you don’t have goal and a plan for your life then you’ll end up going nowhere, and just wander around.
6. You need to work on your self-image – If you believe the old lies that keep playing in your head - that tell you you’re a failure, or inadequate - it will weaken your ability to go for your goals (as you won’t believe you’re worthy of success and happiness.) However, the truth is, you’re worthy, and are NOT inferior. You DESERVE to succeed, and to have a happy life. So, shut out those voices and focus on your strengths, your areas of growth, and the different ways you’ve changed.
7. You need to be a life longer learner - Commit yourself to being the best “you” that you can be, and always growing and learning more and more. Developing your mind, and always learning about life, is essential for a life that is marked by success.