There are only three people I will accept as Derek’s alpha: Talia Hale, Laura Hale, and Derek himself.
There are definitely people who should never have power over Derek.
And certainly no-one who is currently alive in canon.
I don’t understand anyone having a problem with Scott being Derek’s Alpha, but that’s also a preference thing.
I definitely have a problem with the guy who manipulated him into biting Gerard Argent being his Alpha
God, are people still bitching about that?
Derek’s over it, get over it yourselves.
Derek is not over it, he hasn’t even processed it (disassociation). He has PTSD from all the shit that’s happened to him and doesn’t think his life, comfort, or emotional state matter at all. To him, Scott is just one more person to betray and dehumanize him in a long history of being used/betrayed, so he thinks “What does one more matter?”
It does matter though, especially when we are supposed to hold Scott to the higher moral standard of a hero. Scott used Derek’s body as a weapon when Derek was literally begging him not to, then revealed he never gave a shit about Derek, his pack, or the trust that he keeps harping on and then betraying. Sure Scott cares about the knowledge and help Derek can provide, but he has yet to show he cares about Derek as a person. So yeah, Scott is partially on my shit list until he actually realizes the full impact of his flaws and the horrible things he’s done to others.
For more info/meta, check out some of these links (far from a comprehensive list, but it’s what I was able to throw together quickly)
Derek & PTSD
- An Arc in Shadow: Derek Hale and Assault
- Derek Hale: Love, PTSD, and Maladaptive Daydreaming
- Symptoms of victimization (PTSD) and Derek Hale
Scott and Derek (various topics)
- From Alpha to Alpha (Scott and Derek on ends justifying the means)
- flower-of-the-desert.tumblr.com/post/76267891106/ionaonie-mech-bull-lycantrophies (making a tough call, Scott’s decision, treatment of Derek)
- epic meta reaction post: with visual and film theory (2x12)
- athenadark.tumblr.com/post/86209010128/theladyandthewolves-athenadark (Scott removing Derek’s agency, the difference between Scott and Captain America)
- madamdoesnothing.tumblr.com/post/86514186970 (wanting Scott & Derek to be brothers vs the reality)
Scott and Betrayal (this post has a few important threads/continuations, so I’m putting it in it’s own section; starts with Derek and goes through other characters and examples)
Scott’s character flaws and what his overall character arc might be
- cupidsbower.tumblr.com/post/81648468176/i-think-the-thing-is-derek-sees-so-much-of (a discussion spawned from a quote, the end has a brilliant revelation of Scott’s tragic flaw coming from his father; yes this could be a Star Wars reference)
- cupidsbower.tumblr.com/post/82124486324 (more on Scott’s tragic flaw/coming of age character arc)
- athenadark.tumblr.com/post/83255048424/premoonsyndrome-i-am-seriously-confused-about (Scott’s similarities to Anakin)
An excellent collection of links that everyone should read.
Do you think that while other soldiers carried pictures of their wives and girlfriends, Bucky just had a photo of Steve, tucked right next to his heart?
And do you think that when Schmidt’s men stripped his unit of their belongings, Zola recognized that photo as the man from Erskine’s experiment? And that’s what made him choose Bucky?
it really throws me off when people who don’t follow me reblog things from me
You remember that one time Stiles said he’d bring up Derek’s dead first girlfriend if he had to, but it never came up
what i there is a moment where he asks Derek to help him by killing him
what if Derek says he can’t and Stiles says, “you did it for her’
hey hey HYEY HEY HEYY NOW HEY NOW HEY